I know I said I was going to wait until Friday to do a big first week of PreK post, but I have a little time today, so here it is.
Day 1- Dropped him off, he acted like he'd been doing it all his life, no tears, no nothing. However it did take 45 minutes of crying for him to go to sleep at naptime.
Day 2- He CRIED!! But by the time I made it back to mom's office and called to the room to check on him, he was ok. Asleep in 2 minutes at naptime.
Day 3- Aunt Tania dropped him off, he cried, and Mrs. Christy said it was about 10:30 before he quit whining. Naptime was great, he was ready and went right to sleep.
Day 4- He started crying when we pulled into the parking lot. Screamed when I peeled him off of me and handed him off to Mrs. Wendy. Maybe I cried a little too. The lady that does sidewalk duty by his building (whom I have no idea who she is) stopped me and gave me a hug and reassurance as I walked out of his building a bawling mess! Bless her heart, she was so sweet! I got back to mom's office to get Wyatt and Mom called over to Way's classroom, he was still whiny and joined to Mrs. Wendy's hip, but getting better. Mrs. Christy called me about 9:15 and said he was better and participating, and she was excited that it didn't take until 10:30 today!! She also said she was going down the list and calling mommas to ease minds. It seems he's not the only one. Tuesday and Wednesday, one other kid was crying when I dropped him off today, there were at least 4 of them howling.
God bless Mrs. Christy & Mrs. Wendy. I know when I leave him, even though it KILLS me, I know he's in good hands & that they seem to love all those kids almost as much as us mommies & daddies do.
I'll try to get some pictures up soon, we're still getting used to this whole school routine, and Mr. is not all about getting his picture taken or anything else while we're fighting to get ready in the mornings. He likes to lay in his bed and say, "I no go school. It night-night time." Yeah, wonder where he gets that stubborn streak from?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I got some loving one day when he spilled applesauce on his clothes. As soon as I wiped him clean, he was happy as can be.... I think I was his BFF that day. Today was great...no babies were crying at lunch. He is so dang cute sitting at the BIG table eating.
ReplyDeleteOh by the way, I love the new look.
ReplyDeleteI really wish I could see him at that big table, but sadly, I think that would make things way worse! Maybe later on this year...
ReplyDeleteWhen I took him to school this morning, he was fine until we got on the sidewalk going to his classroom. That is when the crying began. At least I didn't have to peal him off of me, but I did leave him crying. :( I'm sure he will do fine with school. Just give him some time and the crying will stop when we take him to school. I am so thankful that I get to be a part of my nephew going to school! Love them boys of yours!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, I cant wait to see pics!
ReplyDeleteBless your heart... I can imagine how hard it was for you to leave him, especially if he was crying...I do not look forward to doing it one day...I think I'll just homeschool... ha... YEAH RIGHT...
I am sure next week will be better and by week 3 he'll be a school-pro!!! :)
Now I am scared....although mine just might be the one that looks at me waves, blows me a kiss and says bye bye mommy. It will get better.
ReplyDeleteRebecca
You are a great mommy Crystal. My heart broke for you when I read you left crying one day. I think we have all been there and what have so many of our more seasoned mommies once told us, "no one said it was going to be easy." You should have seen me bawling at Chloe's ballet recital in the spring. I was a mess. He is going to be loving school by the end of the year and you will end up looking forward to those lazy summer days when you get to spend time cuddling, playing and being silly.
ReplyDelete